EC MOTORS PRINCIPLE AND BENEFITS EC Motor – Principle
• Permanent-magnet brushless DC motor within the rotor
• The stator is driven by electronic switches (which replace the Carbon brushes), controlled by a microcontroller.
• Electronic system (hall effect sensor or software is used to recognize the rotor position)
• AC operated (230Volts Single phase or 380/480Volts 3phase, 50/60Hz)
• Energy savings: Minimum power consumption & better efficiency than AC equivalent.
• Control: 100% speed controllable, not frequency dependant. Can be set-up for constant airflow or constant pressure applications, 0-10VDC or PWM control signal.
• Low motor temperature: for longer lifetime than AC equivalent
• Simplicity: Electronic & power transformations are completely integrated within the motor.
• High performance: Speed can be driven up to 3600rpm, one EC fan replace multiple type of motors (2, 4 and 6 pole)
• Easy connection: No complicated wiring and set-up with a Frequency Controller, EC fans have very little configuration.
Typical AC motors have losses in terms of power consumption (copper + iron losses), slippage and frictional losses (mechanical power). EC motor have no slippage losses, reducing losses and increasing efficiency.